The Policy is updated on regular basis. The latest version is always published on FAE’s website. The current Policy was last updated on 22 January 2018.
- Potentially collected Information
While navigating on FAE’s website, the user may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that could be used for his/her direct contact or identification. Personally identifiable information may include his/her name, email address, phone number, country and postal address. This information is required for the subscription to FAE newsletter or the filling of the donation form.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to the user’s browser from a website and stored on the computer’s hard drive.
Like most internet sites, FAE uses “cookies” to collect information. Any user can instruct its browser to refuse all cookies or notify when a cookie is being sent. However, if the user doesn’t accept cookies, he/she may not be able to access some sections of FAE’s website.
FAE may collect information about the user’s computer or device, including its IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about FAE’S users’ browsing actions and patterns when using FAE’s website and does not identify any individual. Cookies cannot read any personal information such as name or email address and cannot transmit any virus. Cookies often improve browsing by allowing a server to recall any customized information previously set.
Cookies allow to store users’ preferences to present content and functions that are specific to the latter. They also enable FAE to see information such as the number of website’s users and the most visited pages. They provide helpful information to improve websites and deliver a better and more personalized service.
- To estimate the size of the audience and how they use the website.
- To store information about users’ preferences, and allow the organization to customize its website according to the users’ individual interests.
- To help diagnose problems with the organization’s server to administer the website more effectively
- To recognize returning users.
- To speed up searches.
The security of the Users’ Personal Information is a priority to FAE, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While FAE strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect any Personal Information, it cannot guarantee its absolute security. Once the organization has received the information, it will use the strictest procedures and security features possible to prevent any unauthorized access.
- How FAE Uses the Information Collected
FAE may use the collected information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective and easily understandable way.
- To provide information about its activities and opportunities which may be of interest to the users, when consent or indication has been given for contact.
- Disclosure of Users’ Information
FAE may disclose personal information to third parties if:
- the organization is working with them to deliver a service that the users have requested;
- under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in order to enforce or apply the organization’s terms and conditions and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of FAE or other parties.
If you no longer wish to receive FAE’s newsletter or other email communications, you may unsubscribe by visiting the Manage Your Subscriptions link in FAE’s Site.
- Contact Us